The Baby Beef Show will follow the Open Beef Show at approximately 3:00 P.M. on Saturday. No food or water for the animals after 10:00 P.M. Friday evening. The weigh-in will be at 8:00 A.M, on Saturday, All Baby Beef must be on the grounds by 10:00 A.M. Friday, The auction will be at 7:00 P.M. on Saturday. There will be a supper provided for the Buyers at approximately 5:00 P.M. on Saturday. This show and auction are being done on a trial basis. The Livestock Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent will determine if there is enough interest to continue this event next year.
- Entries are open to all youths ages 9-19. (Juniors ages 9-14 years as of January 1, 2007 and seniors ages 14-19 years as of January 1, 2007.)
- Any beef breed is acceptable as a steer. Must show the characteristics of the breed, been born on or after Jan. 1 of 2006, must be a steer, not a bull or a stag, and must not have any horns,
- Steers should be owned by the youth on or before March 1, 2007.
- Steers should be ear tagged or tattooed for identification.
- Any steer that cannot be controlled by its owner will be eliminated from the show and the auction.
- Each youth will show and sell only one steer.
- Any steer in poor health and/or body condition may be eliminated.
- All participants must keep a journal of animal care and expenses to be presented upon arrival at the fair for judging. Also, they should write an essay at the end stating what this project meant to them.
- Participants are responsible for getting the buyer for his or her own steer. Letters should be written in advance for potential buyers and reminders should be sent out prior to the auction.
- Participants should wear a white shirt with tan or solid color trousers, no blue jeans. Steel-toed shoes or boots are recommended for safety.
- Posters identifying the animals should be displayed in the barn by the steers at all times.
- Participants should remember to send their buyers thank-you letters.
- The Judges Decision Is Final.
- Project Records Award; Junior and Senior (Ribbon to six places)
- Herdsmen Award; (Trophy)
- Grand Champion Award; (Trophy)
- Reserve Champion Award; (Ribbon)
- Junior Fitting
- Senior Fitting
- Junior Showmanship
- Senior Showmanship
All Live Stock trailers must be parked on back parking lot.